Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Favorite Recipes

In light of my nephew's transition to a gluten free lifestyle, I have been sharing a lot of recipes with my sister lately. I went through my blog and recipe books, and these are my favorite recipes. Most are naturally gluten free, but the others can all be made gluten full or gluten free. Please share with any gf peeps you may know, and try some out yourself! Has anyone ever tried a recipe that I have posted? Or do I just post them for my personal cookbook records?

Recipes

Appetizers and Snacks:
Mushroom Caps
Black Bean and Corn Dip
Chicken Taquitos
Chex Mix
EASY GF Bread sticks
Olive Cheese Bread (great on GF bread)
Puppy Chow
Pumpkin or Banana Bread

Soups:
Potato Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
White Beans and Ham

Breakfast:
Eggs Florentine Casserole

Migas
Breakfast Potatoes

Apple Muffins
Farmers Omelet

Sides:
Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Potatoes
Hot Cheesy Corn
Spinach Salad
Broccoli Salad
Cheese Grits
Roasted Squash and Zucchini
Zucchini Chips
Sweet Potato Casserole
Sauteed mushrooms
Fried Rice
Southern Green Beans

Entrees:
Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes and Basil
Chicken Lasagna
Lasagna
BBQ Pork
Enchiladas
Mexican Chicken
Hoppin' John
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Sausage and Eggplant Bake
Broiled Eggplant Parcels
White Enchiladas
Ants Climb a Tree
Black Bean Burgers
Chicken Pot Pie
Stacked Tacos
Pasta with Chicken and Basil-Tomato Sauce
Meatballs
Caramel Apple Pork chops
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan-No need to use all of the butter they suggest
Jambalaya

Other gf ideas you don't even need a recipe for...

Snacks:
Rice work Chips
Edamame
String Cheese
Greek Yogurt
Peanut Butter and Apples
Frozen Bananas
Frozen Grapes
Fruit Kabobs
Popcorn
Chips and Hummus
Homemade granola

Convenience foods:
Amy's Organic meals (enchiladas and tamales are my favorite!)
Frozen tamales
Annie's GF Mac and Cheese
Delimix Chicken Taquitoes

Meals:
Grilled Cheese
Grilled Ham and Cheese
Turkey wraps (corn tortillas)
Quesadillas
Baked Potato

3 comments:

Mrs. Mcmenamy said...

Caroline,
This is Catherine McMenamy's mom. I know you from reading the Zambia blogs. I fell in love with you through Catherine and your many stories and recipes from your blog.
I tried the mushroom caps on our small group. We gather at our house every other Sunday evening. When I made the mushrooms they went fast. Thanks for the easy idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey Caroline!

I a good friend of Andee Hart's and I was diagnosed with celiac disease on Friday and she shared your blog with me. I will be following you to get some good yummy gluten free recipe ideas from you :) Thanks for sharing these great ideas because they are extremely helpful for people like me who are just entering the gluten free world!

God Bless,
Lindsay

Donna Root said...

Caroline, I gave your blog address to a new friend of mine. (She is actually a friend of Deborah's.) Her son was recently diagnosed with celiac dz. and I think some of your recipes will be of interest to her.