It's almost time for small group, girls night, the super bowl party, or anything else that requires you to bring an appetizer. Chips and dips are your normal standby, because it's easy, inexpensive, and goes a long way. So let me guess, you run to the store and grab Velveeta, rotel, and a bag of chips.
I understand that cheese dip is awesome. I love REAL cheese dip. But most cheep dip is made of processed cheese. Did you know that when Velveeta is processed, it is naturally CLEAR? They add the color to match that of cheese. Disgusting, huh? Ever since I heard that, I can't stand to look at it (let alone eat it). If you like the occasional Velveeta, I am not judging. I have the occasional Dr Pepper. But here's a GREAT standby dip that is healthy, from natural ingredients so you body can handle it, QUICK, inexpensive, and stockable ingredients so you can always have it on hand.
BEAN AND CORN DIP
2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of rotel (tomatoes/jalapeno)
1 can corn, or 2 cups of frozen corn (I prefer frozen...textures better & less salt)
1 box of cream cheese, softened (I prefer the 1/3rd less fat neufchatel- it's made
with milk instead of cream)
Onion powder and salt to taste
Tortilla Chips
Mix all ingredients and chill before serving with chips The colder this is, the better.
1 comment:
Yummy...I'm definitely going to try this recipe! Added fiber...all the better! :)
Post a Comment