One night this past week, I kept Chad and Elizabeth Milom's kiddos. Elizabeth's dad and my dad were friends in college, in each other's weddings. Elizabeth and I went to Haiti together during spring break in college. She and my sister Allison were both nursing majors. When I moved to Nashville and Otter Creek, I was THRILLED that Elizabeth was here, and have been even more blessed to get to know Chad, Carter, Ashlyn, and now little Curtis. They invite me over when I need "family time," and I keep their kiddos when they get a much-needed night out. They are amazing parents, and I am honored to have them as friends and to get to keep their adorable and hilarious kiddos.
That Ashlyn (3 years old), she's a trip. Read Elizabeth's blog (link on my page) for more stories). She's adorable, spunky, hilarious, and you never know what she's going to say. Here's a few things from my recent time with her:
"Mrs. Caroline, are you cute?" (This threw me off at first, then I realized she was drawing a picture to me and wanted to know if her drawing was cute).
I noticed she was laying in her chair during dinner. Me:"Ashlyn, sit up straight so you don't choke." Her: "I just need to stretch a little bit so I can eat more."
"Dear God, Thank you for me. And for Carter and me. And Mommy and Daddy and baby Curtis and my grandma and husbands. And thank you for me. And for Mrs. Caroline. And for me."
But this was my favorite at the dinner table, out of the blue... "Hey! Barack Obama won!"
2 comments:
Oh, goodness! She is so much fun...you never know what's gonna come out of her mouth!
Thanks for loving our children!!
So sorry about the possible diagnosis! It's funny (well, not really FUNNY, but..) allergies are all so different, I don't know much about the gluten. I think the ranch is okay for you, but i'll have to double check. I'm so sorry, I hear gluten is really tough.
You should check out surefoodsliving.com. Also, check Ginger H's blog (linked from mine).
Post a Comment