Saturday, November 01, 2008

That sister

My sister. My lovely sister. Friday afternoon, she calls me on the way to the bank. She usually goes into the bank, but that afternoon we were on the phone so she went through the drive-through. After waiting with no line for literally 10 minutes, and talking to me the whole time, the teller came on and said, "We were just robbed, please go to another bank." Allison then started putting together things she had seen, and this is where a serious situation gets funny. Here's our conversation...

Allison: "Well, I did see the lady put her hands in the air."
Me: "Allison! What did you think was going on?"
A: "I just thought she was asking for more $10s." :)
Me: Couldn't talk, just laughing.
A: "But clearly she was telling him it was going to be okay."
Me, after finally calming down from laughing: "OH MY WORD! NO! Allison, he probably said put your arms in the air before I blow your brains out, and she complied."
A: "Oh my goodness, you're right! What is WRONG with me? Oh my word!"
Me: "What?"
A: "I just pulled up to the other branch and there is a lady standing in the drive through with no car. What is WRONG with this town!?!"

To her defense, this was her 30 minutes that day without children, so she had turned her thinking cap off for a little while. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I was a little distracted. It was your fault since I was on the phone with you! But I do thank you for calling me and keeping me from going inside the bank during the robbery. You probably saved me life. Kisses.