
I have always loved her, don't get me wrong. But our relationship has come a long way. Of course, it started with her being jealous that I came into the world and took her territory. Then it turned to her showing me the big brave world. Then, as we became older, we assumed the normal roles of annoying little sister and annoyed big sister. There were a few years of pure terror, clawing and hair pulling, but it built character. Over the past several years, as we have both become true adults, she has become a support for me like I never imagined. She goes out of her way to make sure her boys know me, as if I don't live 5 hours away. In the past several months, I could call her at any point crying or frustrated or happy and she has been there with no questions. She is a wonderful mother, and has a servant heart that I really look up to. We have a lot of fun together, and I was thinking about this conversation we had a few months ago that shows how goofy we can be...
Allison: A lady at church was telling me that she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. I told her that you have it to.
Me: I don't have Rheumatoid.
A: I thought you did!
Me (laughing): I was tested for it, but it came back negative.
A (laughing): Oh, whoops! Well, good, because it's a bad disease.
Me: Yes, thank God. It can be really bad.
Pause
Me: Hey! It's a BAD disease.
A: Yes....
Me (kidding): And over the past 2 years of you thinking I had it, you didn't check on me once!
A: But you don't have it.
Me (kidding, once again): But you thought I had it and you didn't check on me. Thanks a lot!
3 comments:
: ) I am glad you and your sister have such a wonderful relationship. I have always wished for a sister. Treasure it!!
LOL! I forgot about that conversation!!!! I love you too!
Wonderful post Lina Lou. I really enjoyed reading your conversation with Allison. :0)
Post a Comment