I, Caroline Martin, have taken my skills to a whole new level. I am now seeing PRISONERS for speech therapy. That's right. Me. The same girl who thinks she can get syphilis from a creek in the Dominican Republic. As much as I would like to think, I am not very street. That's wear my roommate/neighbor who packs heat everywhere we go comes in handy. I stood up to my big, mean, 6 foot something neighbor who insisted I pay for a $140 chainsaw he just HAD to buy to cut up a log in our back yard (duplex) only a few hours after it fell (Apparently the tree branch was magically mine- I have no idea how that was determined. And the few hours it laid there indicated I had no concern for it. AND I was in Arkansas when all this happened. Seriously). I also stood up to him when HE hired another neighbor to clean MY yard of the log and insisted I pay for it (He has major boundary issues. He also mows our yard without asking and then says he is going to charge us. He needs a life. And yes, I take care of my yard). I can now, after years of trial and error, stand up to mean caregivers or nurses in the nursing homes. But prisoners. (I am currently served in the facility that provides these services to the local prison).
The thing is, they are really nice (there goes that naive Caroline again). And more importantly, the guard with the big gun right outside is really nice too. Here are a few funny moments I have had...
1. Asking someone to hold a cup of water. He was handcuffed.
2. Asking how long they have been there and how much longer they have. Is this appropriate? I am just curious.
3. I am refraining from asking what they are in for.
To be continued, I am sure. After all, I am Caroline...
3 comments:
I am smiling....
Awesome moon-pie! Sounds like a movie. Thanks for the laughs. :0)
I'm impressed. I wouldn't be able to restrain myself to ask them what they're in for. I'd really like to know if I'm dealing with a serial killer or someone who skimmed a few $$ off the top. But that's just me.
Post a Comment