Our extended weekend included: Lots of swimming, Baja Burrito, a visit to the Bicentennial Mall and the Farmer's Market, lunch at Zackie's, dessert at the Cocoa Tree, a girls trip to the movies to see Eclipse, Corky's BBQ, fun at the Red White and Zoo festival, grilling out by the pool, a quest around Brentwood to find good fireworks, games, a picnic of brisket tacos at Granny White Park complete with batting practice and a softball game; and a girl's afternoon out with all the Aunt and cousins for pedicures, Maggie Moo's, and exploring Hillsboro Village.
We enjoyed laughing, chilling, and just being together. This is the side of the family that recently lost our Grandpa. It was a blessing to be togther.
One more thing... I wish I had gotten a picture, but we tried a new dessert that I think will stick in the family... grilled peaches. We had steak, chicken, and veggie kabobs one night with grilled corn on the cob. Uncle Pinky, the grill master, agreed to try a recipe I had found for grilled peaches. You basically half them and then brush them with brown sugar and cinnamon and grill them until the sugar begins to caramelize. Serve with vanilla ice cream and ginger snaps. Easy, fresh, amazing. The kids loved them as well. Next time my mom mentioned something about adding a little rum or brandy to the peaches for an extra kick. She's a wild woman, that one. :)
My brother in-law, Jon. Quite the trooper!
The kiddos had lots of playtime!
Allison helping J.T. bat without a tee at our family softball game.
This adorable little girl is Stella, my cousin Emily's little girl. She could not be any cuter!
Please take note of her adorable outfit complete with pink cowgirl boots.
I had a lot of time to love on sweet baby Luke.
J.T. and Isaac at the zoo.
Don't worry about Isaac feeding his goldfish to the Meerkats. This kid doesn't share food.
My cousin Steven (bub) with his precious little David, Issac and me.
Stella and J.T. were GLUED to their Zoo maps. It was hilarious.
These aren't from the reunion, but how could I resist Isaac in his adorableness?
No comments:
Post a Comment