Thursday, July 08, 2010

My Friend Ian

Ian, I miss you! Ian is Dr. T's son, and he joined us on our trip to Africa. From being our "Physical Therapist" to my fellow D.P. fanatic, Ian was my buddy. Both of our brains thrive off of a good game of Scrabble and our sense of humors lined up so well. I just love him! Ian had some big changes while he was there. He was baptized, he turned 13, and he went 6 weeks without Dr. Pepper. Big deals. :) We also made a great good cop/bad cop team bargaining at the market. He watched me bargain a few times and said "Can you teach me!?!" So we teamed up. He would play the innocent "nephew" who just wanted to buy his souvenirs, and I would come in as the eccentric aunt who would say, "That's ridiculous! We can't pay that! We are leaving." And then I would stalk out and he would say, "My Aunt, she's so cheap. I am sorry about her, can we meet in the middle?" Such fun times!


At the airport with our last DP before headed to Africa.

Reuniting with our old friend on our way back. Don't we look so much better here than when we were leaving the DP? I am sure we could be the perfect participants in a clinical study could be done on the health benefits of the daily Dr Pepper.

Love this kid!


No comments: