Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meanwhile, In Nashville...

So I need to take a break from the Zambian posts to show evidence that I have resumed my life. Er, perhaps we should use the present tense instead of the past tense... I am resuming my life. One of the biggest rude awakenings has been not having my friend Leonard near by, with all of his cooking. So I maturely dealt with this by incorporating white cheese dip and chips into almost every meal for the past two weeks. Now that I got that out of my system, it's time to eat up these CSA veggies that have been accumulating in my refrigerator.


Aren't the veggies so pretty? This is what I got today... corn, carrots, cucumbers, red potatoes, baby tomatoes (in the egg carton), big tomatoes- red and bright orange, patty pan squash, and 1/2 a dozen eggs.

Sometimes I forget simple recipes to use my vegetables. I had completely forgotten the simplicity and deliciousness of stir fry, which I made tonight. It was yummmmmmy. Steak, soy sauce, broccoli, patty pan squash, onion, and orange tomatoes sauteed together and served over risotto. Made enough for dinner and for lunches this week. Yes, please!

This weekend has been packed solid full of spending time catching up with my dear friends. I was exhausted this afternoon and couldn't figure out why. Then I reviewed my weekend and realized that I have been going straight since Friday afternoon including: dinner and a movie with the Arnolds, hiking with Jon, brunch with Linda, Deedee's 30th birthday party- 80s theme, and praise team this morning. Needless to say, I used the rest of the day to rest and to prepare for this busy week ahead.

Deedee and Steve at her 30th Birthday Party!

Ben, Eve, and the sweet birthday girlDear Eve and myself. We were both sporting the short skirts, leg warmers, and flats.
Brunch with Linda was the perfect excuse to use my new mini-potsAren't they adorable? When I bought them, my dear lifelong friend Larissa was with me, and she said "Caroline, what can you use those pots for?" To which I replied "What can I NOT use those pots for!?" We had quiche made with fresh and local eggs, basil, sausage, and tomatoes. Mmmmmm.





1 comment:

Emily. :) said...

Um. I know you don't know me. But I want to come have dinner with you. That sounds yummy!