Monday, September 21, 2009

S'ghetti Squash

I. Love. This. Stuff. I just tried it for the first time yesterday. It's so good! Here's how I made mine...

1. Cook Spaghetti Squash as follows: Cut in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Place in a dish cut side down in 1 cup of water. Cover with a paper towel. Cook for 8-10 minutes. After it's cooled, spoon it out of the peeling.
2. Use one pack of Aidells All Natural Italian Style Chicken/turkey sausage... long name, amazing results :). Slice it in thin semi circles and saute in a pan over medium heat.
3. Once the sausage is browned, add 1 tsp fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons garlic, 2-3 chopped tomatoes, and 1 cup white wine.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup basil.
5. Mix with the spaghetti squash and enjoy. SO TASTY!


1 comment:

D Root said...

This is one of my favorite things too. Hubby even likes it as long as I serve it with spaghetti sauce. It's a great calorie saver too.