I am telling you, I am finding that some gluten free cooking is better than the regular old wheat flour normals. Fulbright made me some great gf muffins a few weeks ago, and I recreated them with a few changes, of course. Enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins (This is a double recipe: makes about 16 full sized muffins)
2/3 cup sugar (I used agave nectar)
2 cups rice flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1.5 t. salt
1 t. xanthan gum
4 eggs
6 T canola oil (I used grapeseed oil)
2 Granny Smith apples, grated (I kept the peel on for fiber)
2 t. cinnamon
I added these things in addition but you don't have to:
2 t. vanilla
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. all spice
3 T. flaxseed meal
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl and quickly add to the dry ingredients. Put in a sprayed or lined muffin tin and bake at 350 for 20 minutes until muffins are golden brown and firm to the touch. Also good in a little bread pan as well. YUM!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment