I have decided the thing that I miss the most, being gluten free, is communion bread. I still take it, hold it, and have my prayer/reflection moment. At first I was okay with this. But now I miss being able to fully participate in it. It's so funny to me, that I am allergic to communion. :) If anyone has a gluten free communion bread idea, let me know. I am going to start packing my own.
3 comments:
My friend orders her own gluten free communion from somewhere. I'll get the resource for you. She just takes it with her to church and communes with the rest of us with her GF bread. :)
Caroline, here are the resources for you if you want to try these.
This first is an article about the nuns who first started researching how to make this bread. The second is actually the form to order the bread.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episodes/episode-no-1031/feature-baking-nuns/289/
http://www.benedictinesisters.org/bread/orderbread.php
What about rice crackers too? They would be unleavened - just made from rice.
http://www.benedictinesisters.org/bread/low_gluten.php
http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/communion.html
the last site has recipes towards the bottom.
Post a Comment