Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Love Of My Life

Say hello to my little friend...


With all that I've given up food wise lately, my love for coffee has deepened immensely. I bought this bad boy today, after months and months of spending way too much money on a cup of coffee at Starbucks. They are the only fast place coffee place that has soy milk, but of course it's .40 extra. You pop the k-cup in, and it brews immediately. Immediately. No wait. I don't know how it does it, but I really don't care. It's nothing short of amazing. K-cups are little individual filters that you pop in, and toss into the recycling bin when done. They average about .50 each and come in all sorts of high quality coffee varieties, as well as tea and hot chocolate. If you don't want to buy the k-cups because of cost, the coffee maker also comes with a filter that you can just dump in your own coffee or tea or hot chocolate. You can check out all the varieties here. They seem to have some of the best prices, and it's free shipping if you buy $50 worth. Bed, Bath, and Beyond has good prices as well, and you know there is ALWAYS a coupon to be had for that store!

The best part? I bought mine at COSTCO for $40 less than the average amazon price. In that discounted price included the individual filter ($15 value) and 5 boxes of various k-cups $65 value). So basically, I saved exactly as much as I spent! My next splurge is that darling little K-cup carousel shown below...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you can actually use your coffee twice - I know it sounds funny - but you can actually make a second cup of coffee out of just one serving thing - Husband has been doing it for over a year - DOES NOT TASTE WEAKER!!! Thus, saving you even more money - just thought you might want to know -

this does NOT work on the hot chocolate though!

Caroline said...

Amazing news! Thanks Tricia!

theruples said...

Lina Lou! Your a coffee drinker now!?!?! Let's get some coffee next time your in Arkansas! Miss you girlie!

The Organ Family said...

We have one too and LOVE it!!! They are the best.