Random Happening in the life of Caroline this week...
... Comedy of the week: I have the sweetest little patient, older (the one who leaned in for a kiss last week). He's not a dirty old man, just a man in bad circumstances who is affectionate... I was doing therapy with him and watching him intently to see how his swallowing was going and he looked at me for a long time and then said, "I could kiss you real nice baby."
... Blessing of the week: Everyone is being so great about pulling me in and including me! Everytime I turn around someone is inviting me somewhere to do something or helping me out in someway. It is wonderful. And it makes me feel smack dab in the middle of the Lord's will. He is really taking care of me. Another blessing- the Lord help set a tough relationship at work on the right path and things are looking up now.
... Entertainment of the week... Has anyone else been watching the Olympics? I am such a fan of the gymnastics, but I just have to ask, How in the world do they bend that way? It is unphathomable to me! They're just hanging out on a bar thinking, "Okay now I am just going to flip now and land on a 2x4 and then bend myself like a pretzel and flip in that position 30 times. And don't forget to smile while doing it... No big deal, just an ordinary day." And my favorite is the announcers. Forget that these people are doing the most seemingly impossible movements perfectly, the commentators have to ruin it by saying, "Oh her right eyelash went outside of the line, that's 1/10 point deduction. Oh MY! She just ruined that simple triple turn on a toe by tilting slightly to the left. That's at lest 3/10s of a deduction. Well she might as well go home... Yeah she nailed the balance beam but she moved 1/16 of an inch forward on that dismount with a triple tuck twist turnover tipsy turvey." What is up with those people anyway? You know at they same time they are making those comments they are all 400 pounds and fighting over the last Krispy Kream. And they think they have us fooled.
... Quote of the week: Spoken by one of my patients that I won't let be lazy and skip out on therapy, "Why, you're just a little devil, aren't you?"
... Memory of the week: I forgot to mention my wierdest experience at the nursing home thus far. One of my patient's decided to go see Jesus for a few minutes. And guess who found her when she was checked out? Yours truly, of course... Why not? I was getting her tray ready for lunch and noticed she was really still and quite. Said her name, no response. Shook her, no response. Felt her pulse, nothing. So I hollered for help, and they called code blue and grabbed her wheelchair and tried to get her out of the dining room. Unfortunately, the dining room is relatively small and there was a few residents blocking the path. With no time to spare or to unlock the breaks on a wheelchair, I yanked one little lady's chair- breaks locked- out of the way. She bobbed her head up and down and hollared out as if on a bumpy gravel road. It's a good thing I didn't send her to Jesus too! They took the patient to her room and tried to revive her and we all started shedding some tears. When all the sudden she yelled, "Get off me!" And she came back. So I hope that I wasn't the one solely responsible for bringing her back from the arms of Jesus. I guess she got board that day with the facility activities and decided to go see Jesus for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment