Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Avoiding the rear-end

Today I had to help one of my patient's go to the bathroom, a task that reminded me why I am not an occupational therapist, a physical therapist, a nurse, or any other profession that requires contact with another human's rear end. Now, technically, the nurses and techs are supposed to help with that, but my patient had a frantic look on her face which indicated a small window of wait time. And as soon as she started wheeling herself to the bathroom with that obvious, yet determined look on her face, oddly all staff who were supposed to help in that department were MIA. So what's a human with a heart supposed to do? I will probably be on the receiving end of that one day (that's my motivation behind of a lot of what I do for patients). I will spare the details, but WHEW, my goodness! Just FYI- Tending to the rear quarters: Not my calling.

P. S. I have changed the settings so that you can post any comments on here, so if you ever have any feedback, I would love to hear it!

No comments: