I hope it is as beautiful there as it is here! It is so beautiful and all I can think about is fall, pumpkins, football, and flannel shirts! I love this weather! Tommorow it's supposed to be a high of 75! It's beginning to be my favorite time of year!
I had to share an experience I had at the nursing home before I began this website. I forgot to mention it before. I hesitated mentioning it, but it is too good to not share, and it prooves the fact that men will be men, whether 20, 30, or in this case, 80 plus.
I was seeing a man at the bedside to help him eat lunch, to see if he was choking, etc. He kept staring at my chest area and, niave me, just though that he was looking at my name tag (Girls- if a man stares at your chest- rest assure he's NEVER trying to read your nametag). But, me being gullable and niave, explained to him that my nametag said that I was indeed Caroline Martin, speech therapist. He shook his head and said, "No!" And then he proceeded to say something that was too unintelligable to make out. He had to keep repeating it because I couldn't understand what he was saying. I FINALLY understood when he yelled, "NO! Your boob (except he didn't say "boob"- this web site is g-rated and the word he DID say is one of my least favorite words in the world, for those of you who know me well). "Your boob! One of them's bigger than the other!" And then he looked at me as if CHALLANGING me to solve this problem. Maybe I should do some therapy with him about appropriateness in social situations.
And FYI, my shirt was NOT too tight and would have easily stood up in the dresscode test at the UAMS clinic.
And for those of you who are curious, no they aren't uneven. They are symetrical and I would appreciate you not trying to see for yourself next time I run into you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment