I know the Lord made each of us for a large purpose that we may never know. I have no question about that. But I love that the God I serve pays close attention to the small details, which he created just for his joy and pleasure. I like to rely on that theory of mine when I constantly end up in unpredictable situations that "only Caroline could get into," as my family would lovingly say. These situations are usually a byproduct of my one or more of the following: my obsessive planning going three sheets to the wind, my clumsiness, my constant unexplainable need to move at a breakneck pace (or being a bull in a china cabinet as my father would say), and my perfected skill of thinking before speaking. I think God relies on these tendencies of mine for a good occasional laugh. (At least I know my family does).
I have had to laugh at myself over the past couple of months of getting settled in Nashville. Here I am, a major planner, who had no aspirations of moving away from Arkansas. But then God decided to remind me who's the boss, and here I am. :) He is constantly reminding me that we can both work out the details, but his are usually the best. I usually waste my energy trying to work out the details only to be gently reminded that he had it planned all along. Here a few of the many blessings the Lord has graciously given me over these two months of settling into Nashville. These are just glimpses. Details to follow...:
*I have realized that my family is so incredibly strong. I am away, but I always feel so loved and supported, regardless of the distance. *I love my apartment: very cozy, very cute, very SAFE (for all of my second parents out there), very Caroline *My employer is such a blessing. They really support me and they told me that they pray for me on a regular basis. *Working with older people is both challenging and hilarious...Stay tuned. This could very likely be the main source of humor and comedy in this journal. *Having grown up in one church where everyone thinks they know me better than I know myself :), I was apprehensive about being the new face at a church. But the Lord has blessed me with a great church home (otter creek church). And it has a wonderful singles group that is supportive, warm, and laid back. It's great to have a group of Christian peers my age who are in the same stage of life that I am in. *God is blessing me with new friends weekly, and I am never alone. It's amazing how he works out those details. *And last but not least-Being close to my best friends Holly and TJ is such an incredible blessing (who is solely responsible for this journal idea to begin with!).
All of these blessings have challenged me to realize that if God works out all those little details for me, He is working out the big ones as well. And though I would love to volunteer my time and energy to help with those details, He's doing fine on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment