Sunday, June 06, 2010

Weekend Ramblings

Ah, the weekend. Saturday, we slept in. And when I say slept in, I mean some of the girls slept until 10, but of course I was wide awake at 7. That's okay, because I had some time to myself to blog, do yoga on the back porch, reflect, take a HOT bath, etc. Three hours to myself was quite heavenly. Saturday afternoon we went to Kolomo (the town right up the road) to market and I bought Zambia out of chatangi, I am fairly certain. I got to talk to my family Saturday night, which was what finally got me to cry it all out.

I am going to be honest with you. I had no desire to get up and go to church this morning. Well, I take that back. I do love hearing the Zambians sing, but other than that I wanted to hole up in my bed. But I went, and guess who was there? Mr. Choolwe. They had just "happened" to bring him to church- the only baby there. And for 2 and a half hours, he sat in my lap and brought me so much peace. Thanks for that, God.

Grandpa's service was today, and though I was sad I wasn't there with the whole family, I have peace that I am where I need to be. Especially with my little fellow in my lap. God is good.

1 comment:

SpeasHill said...

So glad God met you right where you were...thousands of miles from home, from loved ones, in the midst of grief...but with a tiny precious child on your lap. Funny how that can make everything better, eh?