Thursday, June 03, 2010

Therapy Day 9: Chitange a baby...



You know that song “Jesus is a friend is a friend next to you…” Well today was, “Chitange a baby, chitange a baby next to you…” We had a lot of babies who wanted to be held and not enough arms. Enter the chitange. I even taught a little pediatric dysphagia with little Hamilton tied to me. He has responded so well to being swaddled and held. It is really going a long way for him in his recovery.

Here are two sets of twins that we are working with, Kelsey and Kelly, then Sidney and Shelby.





Kelly and Sidney have been giving us a scare. Kelly is just a puny little thing who can’t get rid of congestion. Sidney had an asthma attack on top of pneumonia during our therapy session yesterday, and we were all terrified for her little life. This morning she was a little better, but she is not out of the woods yet. This is very common for all the preemie babies here, as their lungs don’t fully develop in utero, and then they don’t have the medical resources to help them develop after birth. So keep them in prayers.

And it is official. Choolwe and I are in a relationship. He has really taken to me, and I to him. Anyone want to baby proof my house before I get back?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ooh! Please do bring that sweet baby home with you. I'll be Aunt Rachel (which I am excellent at, BTW...just ask my Ella and my Mia)! :)