Friday, June 18, 2010

Therapy Day 20: Save the Last Dance For Me

Today was our goodbye to the babies. Rachel took some great pictures of me that I will share when I get them. Choolwe and I had about 3 hours together today of playing, holding, etc. It was very good. I will reflect more when the emotions are not so "fresh." Lots of tears were shed.

I will say that tonight, we heard loud music coming from the college campus in Namwianga. So we walked over, and it was a full out dance party amongst the George Benson students. Complete with D.J. So several of us went over and danced our stress away. The Africans were surprised and I think, very pleased, that we joined them in something that is so cultural to them.

Tomorrow we are beginning our "vacation week." Our schedule for the next week looks a little something like this....

Saturday: Travel to Livingston. Relax. Go to High Tea. Pedicure for Caroline... I don't think they should let me back into America with these feet the way the are now!

Sunday: S.A.F.A.R.I. in Botswana!!

Monday: Shopping. Resting. Shopping. Victoria Falls in the daytime. Sunset safari cruise.

Tuesday: Travel back to Namwianga. Finish packing.

Wednesday: Leave for Lusaka (6 hour drive).

Thursday: Fly out of Lusaka.

Friday: Arrive in the States!

My boy, last day.

Little Lushimo is doing better!

I love this picture of Jamie and her girls, Teagan and Darcy.

Remember these guys? The ones I gave a pep talk to on the first day??

Look at them now! Meagan and Miller can sit on their own (although Miller had received therapy and was too tired to do so for this picture). Miller's left facial droop is gone. And Hamilton, well, he looks like he is finally beginning to thrive. Praise God!

And here are the final Stats... I am very excited about the improvement that has been made since we started therapy. Thank you for all of your support, encouragement, and prayers! It has been a fulfilling, exhausting, and wonderful 4 weeks of intensive therapy. I hope I don't sound too selfish when I say that I am ready for vacation and relaxation over the next few days!

GROSS MOTOR SKILLS Day 1 / End week 4
Head steady at shoulder 69% / 100%
Sitting with support 54% / 100%
In prone, head to chest 31% / 92%
In prone, head up 31% / 77%
In prone, head up to forearms 31% / 69%
Rolling 15% / 46%
Sitting independently 15% / 85%
Creeping on tummy 0% / 15%
Crawling on hands and knees 0% / 7%

LANGUAGE
Search Speakers face 92% / 100%
Social Smile 92% / 92%
Tracks 77% / 92%
Turns to voice, noise 69% / 92%
Reaches for objects/bats 54% / 92%
Cooing 15% / 92%
Object to Mouth 31% / 85%
Laugh 0% / 92%
Oral motor play 0% / 69%
Babbling 0% / 39%
Canonical Babble 0% / 39%

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Impressive statistics and great "snaps"! You've taught so many valuable lessons and I'm thankful that you were able to be there. Hamilton looks great and I can hardly believe the change in Bennett - he doesn't look like the same baby. Praise!