Well, I'm back in Nashville. And can I tell you, I am drained (which is evident in my writings tonight- I am a little scattered). I went to life group tonight -which I was so excited to go to b/c it's been a couple of weeks since I have been. But I was so tired and incoherent that I finally had to just leave before I got to visit with everybody, b/c I just started making no sense whatsoever! The last two weekends, and the last month for that matter, has all caught up to me and I am emotionally drained- and drained from driving! It's been a rollercoaster lately. I am going to bed by 9:30 tonight with no shame! It was so good to be home this weekend and to watch my sister be such a sweet mama and my brother-in-law be such a wonderful father and support for her. And of course, to love on that baby.
A little observation on the road today. I was driving on my way home, and I started looking at other drivers and you know, they don't really seem to enjoy their music as much as I do. They were all nonexpressive and looking bored, and then I zoom past (not really mom and dad- I NEVER speed :) bebopping to my selection, which can really get you going. I don't really know how many of you know this, but I love some ghetto music. I have a really good c.d. that I am listening to right now that I burned with my favorite various artists (Nelly, Outkast, Usher, JaRule, Destiny's Child, etc.). I have a reputation amongst my family for being a little ghetto (which, of course, they overexaggerate). This could be attributed to several reasons. Some off the top of my head include:
1)The fact that when I went away my freshman year of college, I came back listening to all kinds of music (which you can thank my roomate Shandy for that and our morning ritual of watching MTV and the occasional BET while getting ready)
2) Speaking a little ebonics on occasion (Thank you, April Clem Ruple- my dear friend and roomate- for this...we used to write the ebonic word of the day on the mirror.)
3) Apparently my dad and bro-in-law think I drive ghetto because I drive with one hand on the wheel, my seat back, and a little reclined. So I don't like to drive all uptight with my hands at 10 and 2, or 4 and 8, or 6 and 12, or wherever. Sue me. (Don't freak, Daddy, I know it's 10 and 2.)
I am sure that my loving family will post other reasons as they think of them. But anyway, I can get pretty fiesty in my car when I am listening to my music, and after realizing how bored everyone else looks, I realized I am NOT the norm, and they probably all think I am a little off my rocker. And has anyone noticed how fast music makes you drive faster? I got a ticket for that one time! My ONLY speeding ticket and I didn't even know I was speeding! (Not counting warnings- I have had my fair share of those). And he didn't really understand my reasoning: that a good song was on the radio and I lost myself for a minute. Come on. Is 65 in a 40 on Beebee Caps in Searcy REALLY that big of a deal? The nerve.
1 comment:
Caroline, thanks for letting me be a part of this! I was so excited when I received the email with your blog address. I love your nursing home stories and I am so glad that you are "journaling" your professional experiences. I also love your very sweet spirit and heart! I am so glad that you are one of Reag's friends. BW
Post a Comment