Whew! I realize this blog has been a little heavy lately. I think all my funny nursing home stories happened all in July and August! Feel free to look back at those enteries to sustain you until some more come along. I can pass on a couple of funny stories from some of the people I work with:
-The occupational therapist I work with at the nursing home... She works with braces and splints and all that jazz. She was working with this cute little man and having to put this huge contraption on his waste and move all around him. He grinned at her and said, "You know, if we keep doing all this we might just fall in love."
-The activities director happened to look in the sitting room only to catch one of our fiestier patients getting frustrated that a less-cognitive patient kept getting in her way of the t.v. She finally grabbed the patient's wheel chair by the handles and pushed/pulled (to get momentum) about three times and then sent her whirling across the room towards the Christmas tree). When the activities director approached her about him, she looked at him with a straight voice and said in a monotone voice, "She needed a push."
-The same staff member told me that a patient requested Speech Therapy to help her exercise her American right to "Freedom of Speech."
No comments:
Post a Comment