Tuesday, January 25, 2005

No more January! A few prayer requests...

Well, I am in Arkansas and we have had a full weekend! I took Friday and Monday off at the last minute b/c we thought Jon Thomas was coming. But of course he is still safely snug in Allison with no indication that he wants to join us anytime soon. :) But the Lord knew I needed to be home.

Please keep my mother in your prayers. She is still grieving so strongly for her boss and dear friend, Jonathan. The way he went is so hard to grasp, and it is so difficult for her to grieve with. My heart has been so heavy with her burden, and I feel so helpless, except to pray and just sit and let her talk about whatever is on her heart. So we spent a lot of time just talking this weekend.

On top of this, I got a call on Saturday that my good friend from highschool, Robbye Davis Atkinson, lost her 3 week old baby girl on Friday, who was in intensive care from premature labor and heart complications. Praise God I was here and able to be at the funeral. I am so blessed with those girls- there's 6 of us- who although we are all on such different paths can still come together and support each other and love on each other and pick up where we left off, even if we don't talk for 4 or 5 months. Please keep her in your prayers.

We also got a call that my Grandma in Oklahoma (mom's mama) had another small stroke.
So needless to say, this weekend, and January for that matter, has been emotionally draining. I got home tonight and thank God for Holly, that I have a best friend who offers me comfort even if we are just exercising together and not even discussing anything. How do people deal with life without the hope of something more? I just don't get it. Because despite all I mentioned, though I grieve with my mom and my friend, I have the hope that God will sustain us. God, please help me to share this hope with others.

No comments: