Jon Thomas is here! He finally came barrelling into the world at 7:16 this evening weighing in at 7 lbs and 9 oz. They induced Allison this morning, because apparently he inherited the Martin Stuborn gene and decided not only would he not come on his own, but he would move UP to prove his point (I didn't know they could do that!) He is healthy and precious of course (even though I haven't seen him yet). Praise God!
Of course I have been on call all day, with my pager for work and cell phone to know the latest baby update. All of my patient's were excited with me to find out the latest news. As the day wore on, Mama was giving me details about the labor process Allison was so bravely enduring that I didn't really know were entailed in the whole birthing process. I finally had to say, "Mama, if you want grandchildren from BOTH of us and not just her, the details might not be that necessary!" Holly and I were going to dinner to celebrate his birth, but he wasn't born yet, so she so cleverly decided that we should simply celebrate the fact that we are not in labor right now. Something we all take for granted on a day to day basis. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment