Tuesday, February 01, 2005

CPR and secret fears

Well, tonight I had a 4 and a 1/2 hour CPR certification. Fun. And of course the overzealous leaders always want to tell you the grossest stories they could think of that only scare you from EVER wanting to admit you are certified. And besides that, I really don't feel equipped to save someone's life after an evening with pizza and a fake plastic body.

Well, I left there and almost needed CPR b/c some crazy person decided to stop their Jeep in the middle of a lane which caused my car to turn 180 in both directions and almost whack a semi, all on a wet road. There was a reason my Daddy felt the need to buy me new tires this weekend. I don't know how I didn't have a wreck, but praise God!

It reminded me of one of my fears. I know this sounds really silly, but I have some random crazy fears, as I am sure we all do. I am just willing to admit mine. I share this one with Holly. I drink a lot of water during the day so I regularly have to, you know, and I have this fear that I will one day have a wreck and loose control. I never admitted that fear to anyone until Holly mentioned it to me one day (we were obviously meant to be friends). Of course Holly, the stastical genious that she is, was able to quote some percentage of people who actually do that to proove it's not that uncommon.

I also have another secret fear, crazy as it may be, that I will be watching one of those Dateline or 60 minutes or some show like that with a highlight on obesity, and they will do that infamous camera shot on a crowd of people walking down a sidewalk, from the neck down, to prove their point that their are large people out there, and it will be me. Now I know I am not obese and I am not having a self esteem crisis or anything, but don't you just feel sorry for those people? They were just walking to work with everyone else, probably having a bad day, and some secret camera just reached out and caught them to be a poster child for being fat. I just think it's sad and am so scared someday I will be watching a documentary, and bam, there I will be, representing some crazy disease, all the while being completely oblivious. Please feel free to post any secret crazy fears you have. I would love to know them so I don't feel like such a freakshow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so not a freakshow! I know and love someone who is afraid of clowns...
and I live in fear of that TV show that might show my behind.
sweet lovey