Is that word even spelled right? I love working with my older people for many reasons. But one reason that ranks up there pretty high is how sweet and precious older men are. (Except the dirty old men who make passes at you, but that's not what this blog is about...) They are just different then most boys my age. Not that there are no boys my age who are well mannered, I have dated plenty who were perfectly good gentlemens, but some of the things my older men do are just precious. I have one man who came to therapy today- an outpatient at the hospital. He always wears a cowboy hat and boots. I was getting an extra chair for our therapy room and he rushed over and took it from me the minute I lifted it. He also had an EEG all night last night and had things all over his head and apologized at the end of the session, saying, "I just want you to know that I normally take my hat off for you, but I have all this stuff on my head from that test last night. I am sorry." I mean how kind is that? Another little patient at the nursing home stands up until I take my seat every time I come to his apartment, and stands the instant I stand up. He won't sit while I am standing.
I don't know, call me old fashioned. This is coming from a girl who would seriously question going out with a guy again if he didn't open the car doors for me, but I don't think I am the exception. Luckily all the boys I have dated or been on dates with were door-openers, so I haven't had to face that decision yet... :) (That's one of the first things I look for when I am on a date. It just shows that he is considerate and thinks something of you.) All those feminist women who pushed for independance took it a little too far. Believe me, I am independent. There's no doubt about that. But that does not mean I do not want to be treated like a lady and taken care of. Just a thought.
I must go... I am off to a fun-filled night of armless dancing. I am so excited! Riverdance is in town, and Rachel and Regan and I are going. I know it is so 1998, but I LOVE IT. It absolutely facinates me how they do not use their arms. How is that? They dance around without so much of a wiggle of a finger. Facinating. Report to follow
No comments:
Post a Comment