Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Changing tires

Well, I just got home at 9 pm. I just sat at Walmart for 3 hours waiting for a new tire. I got off work this afternoon and discovered a small nail in my new tire. I just have to say, please don't ever underestimate your random acts of kindness. I was calling my insurance in the parking lot b/c I have roadside assistance, and the sweetest couple stopped and changed my tire in 10 minutes flat. It was just so refreshing to have a random stranger help me. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when the person (your Dad) who usually changes your tire is 5 hours away, it is just so wonderful to see the Lord work through others to help you out.

Sorry Daddy, I know you went through the whole "changing of the tire bit" with me at least 5 times, but it just never sunk in. I mean, during every demonstration, I wasn't absorbing the information because the whole time I was thinking... HELLO! You are making this WAY to complicated:

Step #1- Pull over immediately.

Step #2- Call Daddy.

1 comment:

Tom said...

That's right "call Daddy" and keep the tire for the road hazard warranty. Hey ... those were a new set of tires. And they all matched ... all 4!

Sometimes those little extras like "roadside assistance" pay for themselves in a big way in a big hurry. Told you it would.

Just thankful that you weren't headed home. You would have found some way to get me to come change it!

Oh yeah ... check the air pressure!

Love you -- Daddy