Friday, February 25, 2005

Roaring Lamb

Today, this evening rather, we had a business meeting with my work at a restaurant here in Nashville. I just can't believe the way the Lord has always blessed me with amazing jobs. Knock on wood b/c I will probably come home unemployed tommorow just for saying that. But I forget how blessed I am that I found the company I work for (Speech Path Staffing), or literally how God dropped it in my lap.

FYI the way I found out about SPS was right when I was toying with the idea to move to Nashville about this time last year, more so to appease my friends Holly and TJ.- I really wasn't that serious about it at the time. But they were on their way to eat dinner one night and drove by the office on West End with the sign out front that said, "Now Hiring SLPs." And here we are.

Back to the meeting. Our CEO started out the meeting by reading the scripture that she based our company on ("Make your paths known to me oh Lord"... I can't remember where this is. I feel like I should be able to quote it on the spot, just like our club verse during pledge week. Did anyone else find it bothersome that those you were pledging under could intimidate you by forcing you to quote scripture on the spot? I think ours was in Phillipeans or 1 Corintheans, or wherever that verse is about shining stars...)

She reminded us of the whole reason our company was founded- was to provide positive, ethical therapy services and to provide people/patient's with a path of hope. Then she prayed. And I was sitting there thinking-How am I so blessed? Who has jobs like this? (Besides people who work in a Christian school or a known Christian establishment.) This is a normal company and my boss is praying for me, right in front of me. How did I EVER find this job? Finding the job all happened in such a whirlwind, and this year ever since I moved here has truly felt like a whirlwind, that I haven't had time to reflect on it and truly realize how blessed I am to be working for a company who doesn't pressure me for numbers or productivity, but for ethical services and quality therapy, which is why our company is in such high demand. And on top of all that, they share my beliefs and my purpose. They aren't out there in everyone's face about Jesus. Most people wouldn't necessarily know that was their basis.

They total adopt the "roaring lambs" principle. Ever read that book? I strongly suggest it. It talks about how we are blessed to have Christian book stores, Christian radio stations, Christian events, etc., and that's great- nothing wrong with that. But that's not how you are going to reach the world. The world, for the most part, is never going to walk into a Christian bookstore. The book challanges people to quit being meek little lambs who stick to the picket fences of their little church yard, and rather be strong and courageous and put positive material out in the world, where non-Christians will be looking. And it doesn't always have to be a picture of Jesus on a billboard. But just positive material/actions/etc which will cause people to raise their eyes and say, "Now why are these people different?" I read that book over 2 years ago (and lost my copy to a looser boy in Flordia who shall remain nameless), but I have really adopted that policy over the last few years. This all just hit me tonight, and I felt it was worth sharing.

I am NOT sorry for rambling. :) I am off to bed, but first I must floss (day 5 staying strong!)

No comments: