Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Flossing
I think I have set a new record in the world o' Caroline. I have flossed for 3 days in a row now. Inspired by my dentist checkup last week (and by my toothless patients who never flossed a day in their life), I made a resolution to begin the tedious evil necessity. I have been doing it for 3 days straight now, so I feel I may be on the brink of forming a habit. And my gums are not bleeding nearly as much as they were when I started. My appointment was last Wednesday, so technically I should be coming up on a week of flossing. However after I left the dentist's office on Wednesday, I didn't want to be too overzealous about resolutions. We all know how New Year's Resolutions work out- although I will say my two NY resolutions for 2005 are going so far so good... 1)Go to Wednesday night church and 2) Quit saying "I'm sorry" as a reflex when an apology is not necessary but I can find nothing better to say. (That is a bad habit I suggest you steer clear of if it is not too late for you as well.) Anyway, when I left the dentist's office, I thought I would let it all sink in over the weekend and start flossing hard on Sunday or Monday, you know like people do with diets or a new exercise regimine or quiting smoking every week. I hear getting past Wednesday or Thursday is the toughest point so we will see if I am as strong, motivated, and dedicated as I think I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Caroline! i totally have the "im sorry" problem. but sometimes i really am sorry even if i didnt cause the problem.
am glad to hear the chronic "imsorry" isnt to be suffered alone.
Reag
p.s. i included the link to my blog for you!
Caroline, I think that the "I'm sorry" problem is more like an epidemic--I myself, and many of my family/friends do it all the time. But sometimes you are sorry about a situation, sometimes sorry means: "I'm sympathetic to your dilemma". But then again, it can also be a filler phrase. Good luck with your flossing habit:)
Yes, the "I'm sorry" is over used, and in our case it seems to be either genetically or environmentally induced. I have just come to accept the fact that I have "Universal Guilt." I somehow feel that I am responsible if people fail to enjoy a movie I recommend. If two friends of mine don't get along with each other, it is somehow my fault. If I drive weird because I am not accustomed to driving on the left side of the road in England, I will always say I am sorry even though the other drivers can't hear me. I am learning to live with my Universal Guilt and sometime even wallow around and enjoy it. Just sorry that I passed it along to reag....by the way, my older sister does NOT have Universal Guilt...does yours?
Post a Comment