Friday, May 28, 2010

Therapy: Day 4

Therapy So day 3 of therapy was split between Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon so that we could go see the moonbow. It was good to see our kiddos again… they are making so much progress everyday that it is hard to be away from them!

When we went to town, I was able to get some baby food and baby cereal to try with some of the little ones. I bought the cereal specifically for Hamilton and Cholwee. So guess who is getting cheeks?!?! That’s right… This is Hamilton, boys and girls. He is really fighting. Doesn’t he look so much better?



And here he is, eating rice cereal.



We have also got him using a passy as much as possible now. This is building up his muscles so that he can eat better. He loves it. The passy works on a baby’s Non-Nutritive Suck, which helps increase oxygen in blood flow, increase weight gain, assist with better sleeping patterns, and calms the baby.



And looky here… this morning Hamilton ate 3 ounces in a good period of time. He did not loose ANY from the front of his mouth (big deal, people) and was organized and relaxed the whole time. He is starting to relax his little hands into a fist, rather than being distressed and splaying his fingers.



Now onto more sweet babies. I am slowly introducing you to the rest of our feeding group... This is Bennett. He is the happiest child ever, despite the fact that he has the worst skin ever. He was syphilis exposed in birth, plus he has eczema. But he just smiles and plays. He is doing well developmentally, he is just a floppy little guy who likes to let food spill out of the front of his mouth.





And then there is Darcy. I kid you not, we have a Mr. Bennett and a Ms. Darcy. I love it. Darcy is almost a year and she is not sitting up or talking, so we are having a little “Let’s get it together” time everyday.



Oh, and I have to leave on this note… This was our cake that Leonard made for dinner. It was apple cake, if you can’t tell from the label. Also, the girls are holding the punch Leonard made labeled “Invisible Kool-aid.” But then again you may not be able to see it!





And I must leave you for movie night. That’s right, we have set the projector up, B Weave has bought real Coke, and we are about to watch Dirty Dancing for a little Friday night entertainment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Hamilton and for you!! And for the clearly-labeled apple cake! Melanie

JRob said...

Yay for Mr. Bennett and Mr. Darcy! I love these posts, Caroline!