Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The Flood

Josh, Dad, and I ventured out to the flood yesterday. Here is some of what we saw. Unbelievable. National news is not showing the devastation, but Nashville is really really hurt. Lots of people without homes, most people without flood insurance. The farm that provides my food is pretty devistated as well. They have lost 1200 of 1600 chickens amongst several other things. Please keep this area in your prayers.

Stop signs in Stadium parking lot Looking at east Nashville from the bridge

Stadium Parking lot

Stadium and the wierd red sculpture that is no more
Big River Grill trying to save as much food as possible Joe's Crabshack
Schermerhorn Symphony
Actual Skyline
Seemingly dry skyline but not so much
Many people went to the Pedestrian bridge to assess the damage.

Josh on 8th AvenueFarmers Market
More Farmers Market. Really hurting for the farmers...
East Nashville from the bridge
Style was not a concern
As far as I got to the waters
The street I drive down daily (except today of course)
Josh taking it all in
2nd Avenue
More 2nd Avenue

1 comment:

SpeasHill said...

Wow. The first 2nd Ave shot is particularly incredible, I think. Thanks for sharing.