Monday, May 17, 2010

It's here!


I am on my way! We started our trip this afternoon with our team of 12. There are 7 graduate students, most of which I am still learning their names. The other SLP (Marja) and I hit it off immediately, and it's going to be great to have someone my age. Well, relatively my age. I hit 30 before her but that is besides the point. It is also fun to be traveling with my former professors, Dr. Weaver and Dr. Tullus, as well as Dr. T's son Ian.

As I was packing this weekend, this came to my attention: You people are amazing! THANK YOU for all of the supplies that were sent for Zambia. My bags are full of feeding supplies and gluten free food. I am so excited to show pictures of them being used!

But first things first... off to bed. I don't even know what time it is and we've only changed 1 hour ahead of Nashville. This should be fun!

P.S. Don't ever think you can explain gluten intolerance to an Ethiopian airline. Just save your time and pack your own food. Just sharing some personal experience with you...

No comments: