Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Therapy: Day 3

It's day 3 of therapy and we are already seeing results! Such as...

Lushimo is holding his head up! This is new. Be excited. It's very important for these babies to develop their gross motor skills (sitting, holding the head up, etc) so they can be safe feeders.

Megan is getting closer to crawling Which is good because she is really whiny when she isn't around the fun.


And Megan is sitting up for about 35 seconds independently! She couldn't sit up at all 3 days ago.


And for all of you praying for little Hamilton... keep them coming because they are working! Here he is eating breakfast this morning.

He is becoming more alert each and every day. This morning he definetly had significantly less signs of a stressed baby.
And Teagan. Sweet little, nothing excites me at all, Teagan. She is responding VERY well to the therapy toys you wonderful people sent with me. She even acts like she may care a little bit.
Tummy time. The babies have a love/hate relationship with it. I always tell them that I feel the same about going to the dentist, but you just have to suck it up and do it. Hamilton didn't listen to my advice because that is him face planted.When we came in this morning, Teagan was bundled up for Alaska. I could not resist a picture.


We only did therapy this morning. This afternoon, we are driving to see Victoria Falls at night and hopefully a moonbow! We will return for therapy Thursday afternoon, and then we will make up our missed day by working with the babies on Saturday.

4 comments:

Mrs. McMenamy said...

Wonderful! God is good!
Thank you Caroline for sharing. It is so nice to see along with hearing how the progress is going. One day at a time with these precious children. I loved your descriptions of the little ones. Especially Teagan, I can see a caption underneath her picture that says "I am smiling".

Lori T said...

Caroline, I'm really loving your updates. It makes me want to do what you're doing. So proud of you! I'm still praying for great works to be done there with you and the babies.

The Normans! said...

Yay for progress! I am definitely loving your updates too! Such a beautiful thing that you are doing for these children!

SpeasHill said...

Love the last picture of Teagan. It's crazy to hear all the progress these kiddos are making. Won't it be amazing to look back and see how far they have come by the end of your trip?!