TJ, Holly, and I interned together in the Dominican Republic in 2001. There, we all fell in love with the country, and they fell in love with each other. This week, my dear friends will leave the Dominican Republic after 2 years of service in Rio San Juan. I remember how bittersweet it was to leave after a short 10 week summer internship and can't imagine how they are feeling. I can't even begin to explain how full my heart gets when I think of how much they have done in the past 2 years. They have done amazing work over there for the kiddos and community in Rio San Juan, as well as helping ignite the flame of mission work in several people here in the states. We haven't been able to talk super often over the past 2 years, obviously, but we always pick back up with momentum.
I am super excited that they are getting to go on a 5 year anniversary trip over Europe this week. I remember them talking about that before they were married! I can't believe it's almost been 5 years since that day in good old Ark City, Kansas.
I love you guys so much and can't wait to catch up and see where the road takes you next. We have several Dr Peppers and nights at Garcia's to catch up on!
No comments:
Post a Comment