Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dress Shopping

Meet Mandy...

She is the same Mandy that hurt her knee in our dance competition. She is one of my favorite friends. We both love the Cardinals, which initially brought us together when we first met at OC. Then we began hanging out, and I realized how fabulous she is. She became passionate about the D.R. and has led a group down there. She is super organized but very laid back. She is marrying Pax, a wonderful Man who just got back from spending a year in India working at an orphanage. They are both teachers. They originally met in Houston when they taught at the same school. They dated, it fizzled, and they both ended up here. Four years later, they started up again and now they're getting married in November. Mandy, Pax, Josh Henderson, and I have started our own small group which has been a Spiritual revival for me. So needless to say I was more than honored when I was asked to be in her wedding.

Today Mandy, MP, Jenny (the little girl MP nannies for), Cindy and I went to a bridal store to shop for bridesmaids dresses. We had a lot of fun, mainly because I was singing loudly to the cheesy love songs and we were trying on veils and fur muffs and so on. We were gonna try on wedding dresses just for fun but honestly, they were all ugly. Don't be surprised if I walk down the aisle in a polka dotted dress from Old Navy on my wedding day. :) Okay maybe not that far, but I am not a big wedding dress fan. They all look the same to me. But I digress. I will add pictures of the day once Cindy sends them to me. In the meantime, check out the dress I chose. Mandy, being the cool bride she is, chose a color and a brand and we chose whatever dress we wanted. They just have to be cappuccino color and tea length (I am having my cut short). I was excited about the detail on mine (which wasn't reflected to badly in the price!). Isn't it pretty? And it has little straps you can add (not a big strapless girl). Here's a pic from the website:




The store was a bit stuffy so I took it upon myself to liven it up...


I walked around the store like this about 20 minutes. They acted like nobody has ever done that before.:

The final pick (except in brown and with spanx):

Trying to convince Mandy of the "Bride" hat for her and the fur wrap/muff combo for me:Mandy is opting for no veil. I was trying to convince her why she should wear one.:

No comments: