Looks can be deceiving! Here is this weeks box of CSA veggies...
Here's how much was packed in that little box!
That's right folks, we have veggies out the wazoo this week! (Pardon the fuzzy pics- I took them on my phone). I love not having to think about what I am going to eat. I just go and pick up my box and use my creative juices to use up what's in there. Cooking is a release to me, and it couldn't come at a better time! So here's what Bethy and I are going to do with those veggies over the next few weeks: Fried squash!!! (very excited about doing this for the first time), eggplant Parmesan, pesto (we got fabulous basil and garlic!), oven baked fries, BLT's with our fresh 'maters (as my nephew calls them), steamed squash, steamed new potatoes, corn on the cob, maybe salsa with the tomatoes and jalapenos, and whatever we have left over at the end of the week goes into ratatouille. The bad news is, neither of us like melon, so some lucky friends have gotten that! This may be corny, but I love how God made our nutrition and designed the land to provide what we need. These veggies are watery and refreshing during these hot summer days. They are so good simply prepared, with a little salt, pepper, and pure unadulterated butter. :)
Here's how much was packed in that little box!
That's right folks, we have veggies out the wazoo this week! (Pardon the fuzzy pics- I took them on my phone). I love not having to think about what I am going to eat. I just go and pick up my box and use my creative juices to use up what's in there. Cooking is a release to me, and it couldn't come at a better time! So here's what Bethy and I are going to do with those veggies over the next few weeks: Fried squash!!! (very excited about doing this for the first time), eggplant Parmesan, pesto (we got fabulous basil and garlic!), oven baked fries, BLT's with our fresh 'maters (as my nephew calls them), steamed squash, steamed new potatoes, corn on the cob, maybe salsa with the tomatoes and jalapenos, and whatever we have left over at the end of the week goes into ratatouille. The bad news is, neither of us like melon, so some lucky friends have gotten that! This may be corny, but I love how God made our nutrition and designed the land to provide what we need. These veggies are watery and refreshing during these hot summer days. They are so good simply prepared, with a little salt, pepper, and pure unadulterated butter. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment