Monday, June 13, 2005

Frisking friends

This is a total girl posting. Although boys may find this humorous, I doubt they have ever found themselves in this situation. Today my roomate and I were going to our friend Luke's surprise birthday party at our friend Jon Lee's house. We parked down the street so our cars wouldn't be recognizable and we were walking down the street, trying to be descrete and making sure Luke didn't drive up so we wouldn't ruin the surprise. All at the same time we are juggling the food we had brought and the usual of trying not to fall over our own two feet. On top of this, Tiara was wearing a shirt fresh from the mall, and halfway to Jon's house she said, "Do I have any of those sizing stickers on me that I missed?" So I shifted the cornbread I was carrying and she held up whatever she was carrying above her head so I could get a full view of the shirt, and sure enough there was a big M on her left boob. I laughed and told her, and she tried to get it off but couldn't get it with all she was carrying. So, being the good friend and roomate that I am, I shifted my cornbread and tried to get it off. Unfortunately I think they used superglue to put that sticker on there because I couldn't get it off in the normal fashion. So I had to give her all my food so I could use one hand to pull her shirt out and one to rip the sticker off (it didn't occur to us that she should give me what she was carrying and take care of the problem herself).

So imagine two girls, standing in the middle of a nice neighborhood, carrying pans of food, purses, and water bottles (because we are both freaks and never leave home without them), trying to be descrete and somewhat in a hurry so we aren't standing outside when the surprisee shows up (because we were late like always); and on top of all this one of the girls is picking at the other one's chest. At this point we were both laughing so hard I couldn't function, and of course this is the perfect opportunity for some lady to come up behind us, walking her dog. She passed us with a suspicious look on her face, so I felt the need to clarify what I was doing (didn't want Jon to get a bad rap from his neighbors about having weird friends) and after explaining the situation to her she said, "Good. I was starting to wonder." Which only set us in to more laughter. Luckily, we got her into the party sticker-free.

It all reminded me of back in my heavier days in junior high and early high school. At that age, you are already SO PARANOID about your looks. On top of it all, I used to live in the fear I was gonna leave a XXL or size 16 sticker strip (that publicizes the size like six times in a row-not necessary) running across my butt for all to see and make fun of, because kids had no mercy at that point. I perpose (I obviously have never been "perposed" to because I have no idea how to spell that word-is that right?, because it doesn't look right- pirpose, purpos, purpose, prepose?)... Anyway, I perpose that if the stickers are indeed necessary, that after size 6 and size medium, they should leave them off. I mean, if I was size 2 or an XS, I would TOTALLY leave the sticker on purpose.

No comments: