Well, today is my 25th birthday! And it was by far, the best yet. I was shocked at how wonderful my friends were to me. I mean, I knew they were wonderful, but they spoiled me something awful. I woke to streamers and a sign on my door from Tiara, which kind of threw me off until I realized what was going on (just takes a while to get going). The weather was beautiful so I walked around the ag center and went into work a little later. The wonderful therapists I work with had spread it around that it was my birthday and they made a big deal of it. They even got me a gift- this really cool basket and napkins from a store here, "Ten Thousand Villages" that buys things from third world countries to sell, where the people from that country get all the money up front and are treated well for their merchandise. I received about a million phone call wishes from my family and friends and some email wishes as well. Three guys that I go to church with (David, Aaron, and Noah) called and left this hillarious reindtion of "Happy Birthday" opera style (I don't know if they intended for it to sound that way, but it did). My friend Tenille, who recently moved to Texas, called and I didn't have her number so I didn't know who it was and all I heard was, " HAP-HAP-HAP-HAP-HAP-HAP-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and she continued to sing what sounded like the birthday mexican hat dance. I finally had to ask who it was singing me this festive song. So good to hear from her!
Holly brought me lunch and we got to sit and visit, something we haven't gotten to do as much because we have both been busy and she has been traveling a lot lately. My afternoon was short and I got home and my parent's had sent me flowers. And then tonight a bunch of my friends met at the house and we drove to this cool Mexican restaurant in east Nashville, "The Rose Pepper Cantina."
I was riding with Mary Pullias, Philip, and Carrie. Carrie was driving and Philip and Mary Pullias were piecing together directions for her, at a busy part of town at a busy time of day. Mary Pullias grew up in Nashville and has made it clear to everyone that she is a backroads girl and does not take highways. Well we took the highway. So she is trying to help Carrie figure out where to go, and Philip is doing the same, while trying to tell David on the phone how to get to the restaurant, and all of the sudden we started to exit early and everyone starts yelling that it is the wrong exit, so Carrie swerves onto the side of the highway. We also have a carload following us, with my friend Laini driving. She is quite the cautious driver and decides to put her hazard lights on. This sets us into a fit of laughter because we are screaming in panic and waving our arms and not knowing what to do; and there is little Laini, cool calm and collected on the side of a crazy highway with her hazards on.
We finally made it to the restaurant and it was so much fun. Deedee brought me a pink feather boa to wear. There was a live band and it was a fun atmosphere. We came back over to our house afterward to enjoy the yummy cheesecake Mary Pullias had made for me. I just felt so blessed to be in the company of so many good people on my Birthday. My friends are so precious to me here. My girls are really becoming family to me. They organized the whole celebration. How blessed I am. I am headed home this weekend to see the family and celebrate there. Fun times!
1 comment:
Hey! I, too, celebrated my birthday 2 weeks ago at Rosepepper Cantina! So much fun!
Post a Comment