Friday, June 24, 2005

Flirting on the road

I have had a couple of occurances lately where boys/men have been flirtin' with me on the road. I have to say, when people are in the car, it's like they are transformed into a different person, and they truly believe that they can act however they want because what's the odds of seeing any of these people again?

Occurance #1- I was covering a hospital in Lebanon a few weeks ago and I was merging from one highway to another, not quite sure of where I was going until it was time to exit, and I was 4 or 5 lanes over from my exit. So as I was taking 5 lanes in 100 feet (hope my insurance comapny doesn't read this blog), I heard an 18 wheeler pull his horn. I swerved over to my lane and then I looked over to wave in apology, thinking I must have cut him off or something, but no, the guys in the cab was just waving at me and grinning real big as we parted ways at the 65/40 split, nearly causing me to wreck and miss my exit.

Occurance #2- I was leaving my nursing home to drive to my hospital, and eating my usual lunch in the car. I was on Hillsboro road, which can get pretty backed up at lunch time so it's stop and go for at least 10 minutes, which gives me time to eat. I was about to take a bite out of my apple and noticed I was being watched. This guy of the Hispanic decent (not prejudice, but let's be honest, they like to stare at the ladies in an uncomfortable way) was staring at me. I moved with the traffic and he stopped so his window was even with mine, even though there was 5 carlengths of empty road in front of hime. I rolled my eyes in an obvious way, the way you rolled your eyes at your Mom in 7th grade right before getting grounded (oh, you never did that?), took another bite of my apple. He finally passed me after giving me one last stare down.

Occurance #3- I was standing in my driveway today talking on my phone. Why, you ask? Because I get terrible reception in my house. I might seek counseling for anger management concerning this issue. Anyway, I was standing in the driveway talking to a friend, and a car drives by. A car drove by and as they were about 100 feet past the house, the passanger of the car, who was a late-teenage/early 20 year old boy stuck his head out the window and yelled in a declaring voice as loud as he could, "HEY! You're Hot (dragged out to sound more like hoooooottttttt). Classy.

Nashville roadways must be lacking the scenery b/c the drivers are getting restless out there.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

This past Sunday, only mere moments after reading your post, I too was yelled at by teenage boys whilst running down Edmondson Pike. I had my headphones in and couldn't hear them, but I don't think it's the same thing ... or, well, I hope it wasn't.