Three stories I have been reminded of lately that I feel the need to pass on to you. These are three different occurances within the good ole' C of C. The first two involved the good old classic signs in front of Churches:
1. Holly called me when she first moved to Nashville and said, "This just in. I just passed a Church of Christ sign that said, "Why we don't use instruments. Sunday at 10. (OBVIOUSLY not Otter Creek).
2. I had to stop in Jackson, TN on my way home for Christmas to stay with some friends due to incliment weather. As I was trying to find the road amongst the snow, a Baptist Church sign shined bright that wintery night three days before Christmas... "If Mary and Joseph were alive today, would the be prochoice?"
3. This is my favorite. My Mama told me that when we were little, a man got up at our Church to do announcements and announced, "Please pray for Mrs. Smith, who has cancer. She is having her breast amputated this week."
No comments:
Post a Comment