This week I am going to be using my haul for stir fry, eggplant lasagna, and loaded cornbread. I am also 65% committed to this tomato pie, but that sounds more like a weekend treat.
This week, Roxanna and I are going to can some tomatoes... wish me luck. This weekend I am going to try and put up some peppers, okra, butternut squash, basil, corn, and maybe make some pickles. By the way, the fried okra recipe that I posted freezes VERY WELL. The okra are just as crispy reheated (I think it's the cornmeal). I am needing some recipes/advice. Here we go...
1. Anyone have a good recipe to help me get these cucumbers off my hands? My favorite pickle is Kosher Dill or Bread and butter.
2. Does anyone have a recipe for pickled banana peppers.
3. I have a seal a meal for freezing. Does anyone else have one of these and if so, what kind of bags do you use? The Seal a Meal brand are a little steep in price.
Also, special shout out to my old friend April (Clem) Ruple, who is newly GF. She and her son were diagnosed this summer through the same tests I used, as the conventional testing was showing up negative. If you know of anyone who suspects gluten intolerance but doesn't test positive in the typical blood tests, please refer them to this lab. My doctor had me tested through them, and they caught it when nothing else did.
Anyway, April. She and her son are both thriving now. Her son, who was chronically sick, is healthier than he has ever been and she is finally not in daily pain after she eats. She suggested this thin, crusty pizza crust by UDI. They just started carrying it at my local Whole Foods. I had it for dinner tonight with basil, tomato, pepperoni, and mozzarella. Y.U.M. Can't wait to eat the other half at lunch tomorrow! If you are gluten free, try this crust. It's my favorite thus far. So many people in my life have been diagnosed since the beginning of the year. It seems crazy, but I am so thankful the awareness has raised. I know it seems like a crazy lifestyle, but I love how healthy and happy I am. NOTHING is worth feeling that sick. Now that my nephew is gluten free and THRIVING, my sister's entire family is being tested this week... I am very excited to find out the results.
1 comment:
You have such a great blog! This CSA looks awesome. We joined a CSA group here in Kentucky last year, but were a little disappointed in the variety. We had more turnips and raddishes then we cared for, so we hooked up with some friends and shared a community garden this year.
Post a Comment