Look at these beautiful veggies! This was our share this week before Rox and I split it. If you were to receive a 1/2 share, this is the average amount you would receive. It is really funny when we split our veggies. We barter, but instead of bartering for what we want we barter for what we really don't want. For example... "If you take the cucumbers, I will take the bigger than life butternut." "Fine, I will take the peppers that I won't eat, but you have to take that weird melon looking thing."
I love how the veggies are changing and I am getting a little more variety. This week, we got cucumbers, zucchini, red potatoes, peaches, okra!!, grape tomatoes, regular tomatoes, eggplant (finally!) baby bell peppers, and... a sign that cooler weather is coming despite these 150 degree days... butternut squash! You can always count on a gourd to tell the truth.
I have really had to focus on cooking so that none of my veggies go to waste. Yesterday, I made roasted chicken, potatoes, and zucchini. Tonight, Larissa, my dear dear childhood friend, came over and we had Italian Pork chops with fresh basil, mashed potatoes, and eggplant parcels. I forgot how good those eggplant parcels are. Yummmmm. There is something great about walking out of your back porch and picking the needed amount of basil from your plant for dinner.
And no worries, I haven't forgotten about the whole Zambia experience. :) I will blog about it again soon. I am still catching up, and this weekend I got to go home and love all over my sweet family. My mind had really been wearing on me from adjusting back and being thrown back into life. That weekend home was absolutely the medicine I needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment