It's beginning to look a lot like FALL! A.k.a. my favorite time of year. I know it's not quite here, but look at this week's CSA spread. The veggies are definitely changing. This is my half... can we say sweet potato season? This week we got raw peanuts (gave to a friend), watermelon, sweet potatoes x100, a lone cucumber, a summer squash which I promptly devoured at dinner, some gourd-y looking thing that I found out is a delicata squash, eggplant, patty pan squash, and one tomato. Tomato season is slowing down, which means...
It's time for canning! That's right folks, I am no longer a canning-virgin. My good friend/coworker, Roxanna, came over yesterday and gave me a lesson in canning. And the good news is, they all sealed! It was way easier than I thought it was going to be. Here I am pretending to work...
Once they were all chopped, we put them over the stove and stewed them.
2 comments:
Yeay for canning! Way to go! You will really love having these in the dead of winter.
I have to say we're pretty awesome!
Post a Comment