Saturday, September 04, 2004

Catch-up

Wow! What a crazy past week. I am literally exhausted from all of God's blessings. What a great feeling. God has just blessed me with so much to do and so many new friendships that I am enjoying my weekend rest in Searcy. We had a wonderful surprise celebration yesterday for my parent's 30th anniversary. It was so fun, and so beautiful. What a wonderful way to honor two people with such a great accomplishment.

I don't want to write a year long entry to catch everyone up, but I do want to share a little. I feel like this past week, if it's something to do, I did it! Moving friends, going to parties, planning surprise parties, going out with friends, babysitting, going to church, working, meeting friends for dinner, having my 90 day review at work (don't worry, they decided to keep me!)... Fun times! God is blessing me beyond my wildest imagination. Of course I do have a few fun stories to add from the nursing home...

I have the sweetest little lady who - bless her heart- has the memory of a mosquito. I will ask her the date, she will guess (January is the typical response), and I will tell her the correct answer and 2 minutes later she won't be able to recall the date again! She is so cute, though! The other day I was going through all of those questions (What's the day? Where are you? What's your name? What Month is it?) and I asked her what the year was. She looked at me and said, "Whew! These are getting deep!" How cute is that? I said, "Honey, we went over this a few minutes ago." And she said, "Well I can't remember that, I don't have curly hair like you!" Ah, logic.

I was also doing therapy with a few people at once (men and women). The little lady hollared at me, I looked at her, and she grinned and FLASHED ME! I think she was trying to show me something wrong with her waist band on her pants (which was about the level that her chest was resting at after 80 some odd years), but she did it twice and just giggled. One of the tech's told me that they were helping a little lady change and she said, "Will you look at this? This is pitiful! These used to feed 7 kids and now they look like two blowouts!"

Stay tuned... these stories only seem to get better...

No comments: