Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Heaven

I forgot to mention a little story from last week. I am seeing the sweetest little man. Average size, mid 90's, and the sweetest heart you have ever met. He alays says, "Honey, I am tired, but honey I will try to work. I know this is important." So precious and it's great to have patient's that don't swat at you like a fly. :) He stays cold ALL the time. He's not a tiny man or anything, his body thermostat has just stopped working. I came in the other day and he had on a flannel shirt, a fleece over jacket, cordory pants, and a down comforter draped over his body from his chin to his toes and he was still shivering. I absolutely charish my time with him. He is just adorable. But this particular day, he was sharing his heart, and how he was just tired. He said, "I am TIRED honey. I am tired." And I don't think he meant the same thing I mean when I say I am tired. He is tired of this life. And then he said the sweetest thing to me that made me cry, made him cry, and will make my mother cry as she reads this. He said, "Honey, nothing would make me happier than if I laid down on that bed tonight and the good Lord drifted me off to eternity and I could be reunited with my sweetheart." What a precious heart, and what a steadfast example that brought my focus right back to where it needed to be that day.

No comments: