I have hesitated writing this, as not to jump the gun. It seems that my few past years of focusing on nutrition and whole foods as a calm to my OCD is not in vain. Over the past 6 months, I have developed some health problems (mainly with digestion, really bad bouts of depression related to what I eat, arms/hands following asleep, really retaining water, etc) that I thought were just in my head or because of what was going on in my personal life.
Once my personal life calmed down, the symptoms persisted. About a month ago, it got to where I could no longer avoid the symptoms. I am now being tested for dairy intolerance and Celiac Spru (an autoimmune disease which involves gluten/wheat intolerance). They are also testing for anything that could possibly be out of balance in my intestine. The only reason I am posting before I get my results is to ask for your prayers. I would just like answers. Honestly, ALL of my OCD and blood sugar issues would make a lot of sense if it was food intolerance issues. 90% of your serotonin is produced in the G.I. tract, so anytime you have "brain" issues (OCD, ADD, Autism), the G.I. system should be looked at. If this was a food allergy/intolerance, treatment would be natural- simply avoiding the food that was causing my issues. This could lead to less OCD symtoms, and prayerfully, my goal to be able to eventually live medicine free (I am currently on Lexapro to manage the OCD/anxiety).
God has sustained me in not letting this focus on what's going on food-wise effect my eating disorder. In fact, I am the best I have ever been with all of that. I am eager to find out what's going on, but I know how blessed I am with my overall health. This is not a grim, self-pitying post, but instead of one of hope and eagerness. I should find out everything before Christmas, hopefully. Thank you for reading, and thanks for your prayers!
1 comment:
girl, you are on my prayer list! love you! Lindy
Post a Comment