
TRY THESE...



I stumbled upon these as I was shopping for my tradition of putting a little nibbly something in everyone's stocking. I thought these might be good for my picky 1-year-old nephew, as well as my grandmother Nanga who has dentures and has a hard time chewing anything really crunchy. One taste, and the whole family was sold! A great alternative to the sugar and artifical-ingredient ladened "fruit snacks" that a lot of kiddos eat.
Ingredients in Kelloggs "fuit snacks"-CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, APPLE PUREE CONCENTRATE, WATER, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, GELATIN, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF CITRIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, COLOR ADDED, HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL†, CARNAUBA WAX, YELLOW #5, RED #40, SODIUM CITRATE, BLUE #1.
†LESS THAN 0.5g TRANS FAT PER SERVING.
Ingredients in the Brother's Apple Crisps:
FUJI APPLE
Do you see what I mean about the simpler the ingredients, the better? One bag is equal to 1.5 servings of fruit. The only ingredient is the piece of dehydrated fruit, which kind of melts in your mouth. My favorite is the pear and I am anxious to try the others. My picky nephew demolished the bag. At Costco, you can get a box of 20 individual bags for $12, which comes out to roughly .60 cents a bag. They also sell them at Walmart and Whole Foods. They satisfied my sweet tooth, to boot! I think this will be my new after-dinner sweet to keep around the house. YUM! Hooray for affordable, healthy snacks!
3 comments:
Love, Love, Love those! We like the Apple in my house, however, we've also tried the banana/strawberry ones as well. The strawberry ones are a bit sweet for my tasting but still good. I'll stick with the Apple. I guess I do need to try the pear! I've never seen that kind!
Thanks Morgan! I have been wanting to try the strawberry. They have a pear and apple combo box at costco.
Mmmmm...Isaac did love those so much!
Post a Comment