Saturday, December 27, 2008

Grandma

Well, now I have a funny nursing home story... only it's my own grandmother. My mom's parents live in Oklahoma, per their request, and they are now both in a nursing home together. My Grandmother had a stroke when I was a senior in high school and is paralyzed on one side of her body. She is very cognizant and has always been a really sweet lady. And as much as I love my Grandpa, she has stars in her crown for being married to him all these years!

Grandma has a roommate named Rose. Rose tries to do things on her own, and she falls a lot. Grandma always hits the call light and just says, "Rose is on the floor again." Rose has come to dislike my Grandma for this reason. Christmas day, Grandma had the room to herself because Rose's family had taken her out. When they got back, Grandma was quietly watching her t.v., minding her own business. Rose's family trampled in loudly. Then, Rose's son-in-law had the audacity to ask my sweet little Grandma, "Hey. Can I turn your t.v. off? It's bothering us." Grandma looked at him and said, "Sure." "YOU RASCAL!"

No comments: