Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Poor Self Awareness

Apparently, I don't have a realistic view of myself. Here are a few things my friends have gotten tickled at lately...

1. No matter how tall/short someone is, I say, "they're about my height." Those who know me realize that tells them nothing. All of my roommates over the past few years have been significantly, obviously taller than me, and it always comes as a shock to me when I look in the mirror and see that I am shorter.

2. I think I have the ability to sound like the female version of my favorite rap artist, Nelly. Don't laugh. I sound just like him.

3. I sing constantly. I have never let not knowing the words stop me from singing along, so I have grown up singing songs with all kinds of incorrect lyrics. Life's too short to let not knowing the words stop you from singing, right? I should needlepoint that on a pillow. I have always convinced myself that other people don't know the words. Apparently that's not true. I was recently in the car with Fulbright, and this song came on..."It just takes some time, living in the middle, it just takes some time, everything everything will be all right, everything everything will be all right, all right." Except I sang, "It just takes some time, little bit of in the middle, takes some time, helter and skelter, it will be all right, helter and skelter it will be alright, just fine." I didn't think she would notice.

4. I watched a biography on Brittney Spears last week, and I swear our stories are so similar. Minus the drugs, sex, babies, fame, and shaving of the head... I totally get her. Nobody else sees it...

5. I watched Step Up 2 and seriously suggested to my roommates that we start a dance crew. They did NOT take me seriously.

6. I just throw words out there and see if they make sense. I also make words up, but I have convinced myself they are actually words. Like "beadery" (I used that in place of "beading).

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can relate moon-pie....i think we were cut from the same mold. I once told Mac to drive the car into the meat. I don't exactly know how that came out, but obviously I meant garage. ??? Go figure.

Diana Lynn said...

Caroline,
I always sing the Beatles song as
" Lucy in the sky with glasses ",
( I think it's really "Judy in the sky with diamonds " ) along with lots of other screwed up lyrics. My kids think I'm nuts !!