Thursday, April 03, 2008

When is it appropriate to wear a Hog t-shirt to work?

Well read, and you will see... Yesterday at work, the strangest invasion of personal space happened to me. I was in the big bathroom/shower room helping one of our residents get to the potty. One of the nursing techs was getting another resident ready, when she thought it would be funny to spray me, on the collar of my shirt, with perfume. That's right. 2 big sprays of Elizabeth Arden's cheap "White Diamonds." You read right- it was even in one of those sample bottles. As soon as she did it, she laughed (she really was just trying to be funny and make friends- she didn't mean harm) and all I could say was, "I am severely allergic." Within 15 minutes, my throat was scratchy, I was all stuffy and breathing loudly, and I had the onset of a BAD headache. I finally had to go to my car, get my workout clothes (ironically I didn't workout yesterday :), and put my hog shirt on with my scrub pants. I had to put my scrub top in a zip lock so it wouldn't smell my car. So next time you have the urge to spray someone down with perfume, which I know you ALL do, try to refrain. It's a good thing I don't have asthma!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope she becomes a friend, or at least someone you say hi to in the hall, but i can't help but think "how rude!".

Josh and Marcie said...

Caroline! Hey girl. I came across your blog through Shelley's! I am so excited to read up on you. I miss your contagious smile and fun personality. I hope you are doing great and I can't wait to hear more about your life!